A comparative look at the new breed of IBM look-alikes.
Guests: Radio Shack / Tandy Corporation Director of Market Planning
and Computer Merchandising: Ed Juge,
PC World Magazine Publisher: David Bunnell, Attorney: David Grais,
Consultant: Gary Kildall
Products/Demos: Radio Shack Tandy 1000, IBM PC, Ericsson PC, Compaq PC
This video is part of the program series: The Computer Chronicles
Hosted by Stewart Cheifet, Computer Chronicles was the world’s most popular
television program on personal technology during the height of the personal
Original Broadcast: January 28, 1985
A lot in this video is as valid today as it was then, just exchange some of the brand names, software and operating system names. Actually, think more of operating systems, than hardware, for todays world. The bits about patents, openness, and so on, are topics that are very up tp date. In the world of computing, and the world at large for that matter, very little is new under the sun. Enjoy this piece of history. Notice the note about a program called Puppy Love in the end, Tamagochi, that Nintendo DS dog/pet game, and so on… Maybe you have another view/comment on this, in relation to the computing world today?
- Modems & Bulletin Boards, The Computer Chronicles
- UNIX, The Computer Chronicles
- If a PDP-8 minicomputer can’t help with Greece, who can?
- How computer and operating system introduction courses should be done
- IBM Clones, The Computer Chronicles
- Slowdown in Silicon Valley #2, The Computer Chronicles
- Slowdown in Silicon Valley #1, The Computer Chronicles