The following video is from 1963, before, or in the middle of the creation of proper operating systems. It explains so fantastically well how computers work in general, and also important concepts that was later developed further, and which are the foundations of modern operating systems today.
This video should be shown at the first lecture of any operating system, or general “computer science” course. Enjoy.
- IBM Clones, The Computer Chronicles
- Slowdown in Silicon Valley #2, The Computer Chronicles
- How computer and operating system introduction courses should be done
- UNIX, The Computer Chronicles
- If a PDP-8 minicomputer can’t help with Greece, who can?
- Modems & Bulletin Boards, The Computer Chronicles
- Slowdown in Silicon Valley #1, The Computer Chronicles